01 Jun The One Billion Dollar Morning Routine
Posted at 03:56hin ArticlesbyMegan Jones
By Megan Jones:
Could it be that becoming a billionaire is as easy as adjusting your daily morning routine? Possibly! Upon interviews with some of the world’s most economic elite, there are numerous similarities between billionaire’s morning routine. Although, one cannot solely correlate a morning routine to one’s economic success, starting your morning out with good habits can alter your mindset and assist in having a more productive day. Consider trying out the one-billion-dollar morning routine, it could enforce new positive and productive daily habits!
What is the One Billion Dollar Morning Routine?
Jim Kwik, a renowned brain coach who has worked with CEO’s athletes, and executives cultivated the perfect morning routine, known as the One Billion Dollar Morning Routine. This routine encompasses a total of fourteen steps before you start your day. Although, that may seem daunting, this routine specializes in self-care to all aspects of your body. The goal of this routine is to promote, structure, productivity, and self-care.
The Billion Dollar Morning Routine
- Wake up Early: A benefit to waking up early is reduced stress because there is not a rush throughout your morning.
- Recall your Dreams: Recalling your dreams allows you to process your subconscious thoughts, and allots the opportunity to be mindful and focus on the self.
- Make your Bed: Making your bed is a great way to complete a task first thing in the morning! It can set you up for success!
- Drink a Glass of Water: A great way to start your morning, and to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Take Vitamins: Vitamins ensure that we provide our body with essential nutrients that we might not receive from food.
- Meditation: Meditation is the practicing of spending time with the mental calm. Studies have shown it can improve mental health and clarity and allow you to check in with your body’s internal needs.
- Exercise: Exercise is pivotal for a happy heart and good health. Many billionaires prefer to exercise in the morning can help keep stress levels down throughout the day.
- Take a Cold Shower: Taking a cold shower can be beneficial because it activates your neurons and promotes good circulation. As we approach the summer months, maybe consider trying a cold shower!
- Make Tea: Your morning beverage is ritualistic. Consider tea as a great way to stimulate your senses whilst not exhausting your adrenal glands from caffeine.
- Write in Your Journal: Writing in your journal provide another wonderful opportunity to check in with yourself, see where your stressors are and how to navigate them.
- Create a To Do, To Feel and To Be List: Planning and to do lists are essential. Studies show that when you write things down you are more likely to complete them. Moreover, lists can keep you organized through out the day. Therefore, Kwik recommends also writing a “to feel” and “to be” list. He uses the metaphor to be a thermostat not a thermometer. A thermometer, reacts and changes to its environment. In comparison, a thermostat is set in advance. Consider using this mindset to be active what you want to feel and who you want to be.
- Read: Studies have shown that reading after exercising is optimal because your brain is more stimulated.
- Make a Smoothie: Breakfast is an the most important meal of the day, and a smoothie provides the opportunity to get numerous nutrients from fruits, vegetables, protein in fiber all in one meal!
- Start your Day: Finally, after you have completed these tasks, there is no doubt that you will feel accomplished! The idea is to set your day up right, so that you are continuously productive!
Important Notes to Take Away from the Billion Dollar Morning Routine:
Although, this routine may not be feasible for everyone, consider implementing a few of these steps into your routine and see how they make you feel. Overtime you could incorporate more and adjust as needed for what works for you. The key takeaways from this routine are that mornings should have structure. It reduces stress and set you up to be more productive throughout the day. However, you take this routine it might be worth a shot at giving it a try!
Maybe consider implementing a few or all of these steps into your morning routine—it just might make you feel like a billion bucks!
Looking to learn more, check out these sources below! :
The One Billion Dollar Morning Routine
What is a $1 billion dollar wake up routine? ›
What is a billionaire morning routine? A billion dollar morning routine is a list of activities you do when you first wake up. These activities are centered around self-love and self-care. They're designed to wake up your mind and prime you to go after everything you want to accomplish that day.What is Tim Ferriss morning routine? ›
Mornings are very important to Tim Ferriss, though he gets up rather late, starting the day at 10 am. Every morning starts with 20 minutes of transcendental meditation. He has a high-protein breakfast and a hot cup of tea or coffee to kickstart the day.How long does the $1 billion dollar morning routine take? ›
This process can take as little time as one or two minutes in your morning routine. Cold showers are a great way to wake yourself up if you are still feeling tired from the previous steps from this routine.What is the daily routine of billionaires? ›
Successful entrepreneurs, including Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffett, prioritise rest and swear by seven to eight hours of peaceful sleep. Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter and Square, reportedly wakes up at five every morning, while Richard Branson, the founder of the Virgin Group, rises at 5:45 am.What is Elon Musk's daily routine? ›
Elon Musk wakes up early, around 7 am, and gets things started with a shower. He often skips breakfast and prefers an omelet if he does eat breakfast. His workweek is split between his various businesses. Most of his time is spent on design and engineering work.How much sleep does a millionaire get? ›
But the majority manage to get at least 6 hours, as you can see in the list below detailing the sleep habits of 10 highly successful people: Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX: 6 hours (1am — 7am) Tim Cook, CEO of Apple: 7 hours (9:30pm — 4:30am) Bill Gates, Co-Founder of Microsoft: 7 hours (12am — 7am)What is Oprah Winfrey morning routine? ›
She claims to read five each morning for inspiration. By 8:30 am, she meditates, which she does every day. At 9 am, after her meditation, she works out for an hour. Her workout routine involves low-impact strength training and running, either on her treadmill or around her 65-acre property.What is Mark Zuckerberg morning routine? ›
“If you count the time I'm in the office, it's probably no more than 50-60 hours a week. But if you count all the time I'm focused on our mission, that's basically my whole life.” On a typical day, Zuckerberg wakes up at 8am and starts scrolling through Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp right away.What was Einstein's morning routine? ›
Einstein was a man of habit, and his mornings were no exception. He would usually finish his breakfast between 9 and 10 AM, reading the daily newspaper as he ate. Afterward, Einstein would leave for Princeton, where he gave lectures.What do millionaires do when they wake up? ›
After studying hundreds of people both rich and poor, author Tom Corley reveals the one thing most self-made millionaires do when they first wake up. They invest in themselves by reading, brainstorming, and meditating before they start their day.
What time do billionaires wake up? ›
The majority of successful business leaders get up no later than 6 a.m., according to a new survey of CEOs from Inc. magazine's latest ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America. The survey of 1,086 CEOs of U.S. companies on the 2022 Inc.What is the most successful morning routine? ›
- Sweat. ...
- Practice gratitude. ...
- Rise with the sun (or even before it) ...
- Read a book. ...
- Journal. ...
- Drink water. ...
- Eat a real breakfast. ...
- Make a to-do list. Planning out the day and making a list of what needs to be done can help prepare your mind for the day ahead.
Many millionaires, for example, allocate their time differently — they spend more time focusing on personal growth, planning for investments, and working, and less time sleeping. They also gravitate toward similar wealth-building strategies, like saving as much as they can and bringing in multiple income streams.What do rich people do all day? ›
A significant percentage of self-made millionaires do 30 minutes or more of aerobic exercise every day, like running, jogging, walking, or biking. Approximately 88% of self-made millionaires spend 30 minutes or more a day reading. What kinds of books do they read? Biographies, self-help books, and history books.What habits do billionaires have? ›
- Self-made millionaires are constantly learning. ...
- Self-made millionaires listen more than they talk. ...
- Self-made millionaires build great teams. ...
- Self-made millionaires dream big. ...
- Self-made millionaires prioritize their health.
When he isn't at the office, Zuckerberg likes to spend time doing activities that expand his mind (traveling, learning Mandarin Chinese, and reading).What time does Obama wake up? ›
And I find that time slips away,” Obama said in an interview with Men's Health. With a wake up time of around 7am, Obama typically got 5 to 7 hours of sleep every night. He liked to work out first thing in the morning, alternating between weights and cardio.What is Elon Musk 5 minute rule? ›
What is Elon Musk 5 minute rule? Elon Musk 5 minute rule is one of the best time management techniques. It makes you divide your day into blocks of time. Each block is dedicated to accomplishing one or more tasks, allowing you to have a concrete schedule that lays out what you will work on and when.What is the 4am rule? ›
“Early to bed, early to rise makes a [wo]man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Ben Franklin. You've heard it said a million times before: the early bird catches the worm, and in the opinion of many highly successful people, the phrase is much more than a cliche.How much does Bill Gates sleep? ›
Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos and other highly successful people who sleep 7 to 8 hours a night. Jeff Bezos, head of Amazon, can be seen on the fringes of the company's novelties event.
What is Jennifer Aniston's morning routine? ›
Aniston does 20 minutes of meditation every morning, and says her practice has helped her stay centered. Aniston uses InsightTimer for her meditation, and said, “It's not guided, although sometimes I do one of their courses, because they have beautiful courses. During the pandemic, that has been really helpful for me.What is Jeff Bezos daily routine? ›
He'll brew some coffee, read the newspapers, and generally not start work. When his kids get up, he prides himself on making them breakfast. Apparently, he's a whizz in the kitchen, cooking up fresh batches of blueberry-chocolate chip pancakes from scratch. Remarkably he even does the dishes!What is Emma Watson's morning routine? ›
Emma's daily routine starts at different times depending on what she's up to, of course. But her morning routine always includes a good breakfast, “It's my special thing, I make guacamole, salsa, and scrambled eggs, and then I cook the tortilla. It's pretty simple, really, but yummy.” she told Marie Claire.What was Steve Jobs morning routine? ›
The late, great Steve Jobs had an incredibly profound yet simple morning routine. Each day he would get up, make his bed, shower, and then look himself in the mirror. He'd lock eyes with himself and ask, "If today was the last day of my life, would I be happy with what I'm about to do today?"What is Warren Buffett's morning routine? ›
After getting a solid eight hours of sleep, Buffett typically wakes up around 6:45am to start his day. Many of us look forward to a cup of coffee to wake us up in the morning, and although Buffett also opts for caffeine, it's not coming from a Keurig. “If I eat 2700 calories a day, a quarter of that is Coca-Cola.What time does Elon Musk wake up? ›
Elon begins every morning at 7 am, after roughly 6-6.5 hours of sleep, which he refers to as his “sweet spot.” More or less sleep than that and he is no longer performing optimally. During a Reddit AMA, Musk said, “Sleep is really great.What is the average time a millionaire wake up? ›
Nearly two-thirds of successful CEOs say they wake up at 6 a.m. or earlier: 'It's just a matter of establishing routine' Tom Huddleston Jr. You don't have to wake up early to be successful just because someone like Apple CEO Tim Cook is up at 3:45 a.m.What was Ben Franklin's morning routine? ›
Here's what Franklin's schedule looked like: 5-7 a.m. Rise, wash and address Powerful Goodness! Contrive days' business, and take the resolution of the day; prosecute the present study, and breakfast.Why do most rich people wake up early? ›
Many successful people wake up early so that they are able to use undisturbed time to do stuff for themselves. Waking up early is great for getting organized, strategic thinking, and planning. Additionally, getting to the office first means fewer distractions from colleagues.How many hours of sleep did Ben Franklin get? ›
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise” was one of Benjamin Franklin's most well-known sayings. Franklin had a very strict routine when it came to his sleeping schedule — he would sleep seven hours per night, wake up at 5 in the morning, and go to bed at 10 at night.
What two questions would Franklin ask himself every day? ›
Each morning, before going to work, Franklin would set his intention for the day with an important question: What good shall I do this day? Then he'd pick a virtue to focus on, and begin to “contrive day's business, and take the resolution of the day” i.e. to plan his day.What time Mark Zuckerberg wake up? ›
Mornings. Unlike a lot of other successful business magnates and celebrities, Mark Zuckerberg is not an early bird. He wakes up at about 8 am, and not surprisingly, he immediately checks his Facebook account, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp.What does Bill Gates do in the morning? ›
Mornings. Bill Gates supposedly begins his day with an early morning cardio session on the treadmill at the private gym in his Washington estate. It's said that he works out for about an hour each morning.How many hours sleep Jeff Bezos? ›
Jeff Bezos has revealed his optimal sleep time in order to be the best he can at his job. The Amazon mogul's success is seen as the ultimate goal for entrepreneurs. "I get eight hours of sleep a night.